How does one predict the likely cognitive, educational and/or occupational achievements of individuals in South Africa?
Attend this two-day workshop and find out.
Psychologists are often called to make predictions about injured and uninjured clients’ cognitive, educational and/or occupational achievements. By attending this workshop, you will learn:
– Learn about the role of other professionals in determining financial outcomes for clients
– Improve your understanding of your role as psychologist in the process
– Improve your skills in the selection of appropriate tests and norms, or improve your understanding of factors that affect earnings and potential earnings
– Understand your role as expert witness
– Improve your understanding of statistical norms
– Improve your understanding of the relevant legal and ethical considerations
DATES & VENUES:
Cape Town: 4 & 5 March 2020
NH The Lord Charles Hotel
Corner of Broadway Boulevard (R44) and Main Road (M9), Somerset West
Contact number 021 855 1040
East London: 9 & 10 March 2020
Garden Court East London
Cnr. John Bailie & Moore Streets
Hotel Telephone: +27 43 722 7260
Durban: 11 & 12 March 2020
57 Oliver Tambo Parade
(prev Marine Parade)
From Durban International Airport: Take the M4 north and follow the Durban city signs. Then take the Esplanade turn-off to Victoria embankment. Continue along the Embankment until it becomes Winder Street. Continue along Winder Street until you reach the beachfront. Marine Parade is in front of you. Turn left and you will see Durban Spa on the left.
From Johannesburg: Take the N3 into Durban. Go past the Pavilion & take the city centre lane. Go straight into Commercial Street and continue until you reach Brick hill Road Turn right into Brick Hill Road and at the next traffic light, turn left into West Street and then right onto Gillespie Street at the next traffic light. Turn left into Brighton Place Street, Durban Spa is on the right.
Centurion: 16 & 17 March 2020
Protea Hotel by Marriott Centurion
Cnr. Hendrik Verwoerd Drive & Gordon Hood Road, Centurion.
Tel: +27(0)12 663 8700
Polokwane: 18 & 19 March 2020
To be confirmed in 2020.
– Normal cost: R4485-00 (incl. VAT)
– Early bird fee: R3910-00* (incl. VAT)
– Student fee: R3910-00 (incl. VAT)
*Early Bird deadline: 30 January 2020
CPD: Provisionally approved. More details to follow.
THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
Clinical, Counselling, Educational, Industrial and Neuropsychologists
DAY 1: Norms, Expert Witness and Predictions
DAY 2: Choose one of two streams:
– Cognitive Assessment (suitable for Clinical, Counselling, Educational and Neuropsychologists) OR
– Earnings Assessment (suitable for Industrial Psychologists)
MORE INFORMATION: For more information, see the workshop brochure.
REGISTRATION: To register for the workshop, complete the registration form and e-mail it to email@example.com